The Active Transportation Plan establishes a vision and concrete actions to provide safe, comfortable, and accessible ways for people of all ages and all abilities to get around Alameda by walking, biking, or using wheelchairs and mobility scooters, pedal and electric scooters, electric bikes, skateboards, and the like.
Read the Plan
The City Council adopted the Active Transportation Plan on December 20, 2022. The Transportation Commission reviewed the final draft Plan at its November 16, 2022 meeting, and unanimously recommended City Council adoption.
The City sought and received input on the Draft Plan between October 3-23, 2022 in the following ways during this outreach effort (which was the last of three major public engagement periods):
- 14 public events and meetings + 7 presentations/tabling for local organizations
- 71,860 emails delivered via 15 mailing lists
- 49% median open rate for mailings to transportation lists
- 327 responses to the survey/comment form
- 17 days on City homepage “call to action” headline
- 6 news article inclusions and 1 letter to the editor
For more details on fall 2022 public engagement efforts, read the Phase 3 outreach activities summary.
Funding to develop the Active Transportation Plan is largely supported by Alameda County's Measure B and BB.