WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU
As we work to develop an Active Transportation Plan for all Alameda residents and visitors, we need to hear from all of our community members – you, your friends, families, children, and neighbors, along with the community’s business owners and employees. We want to hear from everyone, including those who rarely walk or bike.
In early 2020, the City sought input about existing conditions via an interactive web-based map. Community members used this map to tell us where they like to walk and bicycle in Alameda, what areas need improvement, and where they felt unsafe or have been hit or almost hit by a car. The map is closed for comments, but you can still view the map to see existing pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and to read the 2,100 comments pinned on the map.
Stay Up to Date
Send an email to ActiveAlameda@alamedaca.gov to be placed on our mailing list and receive project updates.
Throughout 2020, the City of Alameda is hosting community workshops and joining existing events to ask for your input and feedback. We'd love to present at your event or meeting, including virtual meetings! Please reach out to us at ActiveAlameda@alamedaca.gov.
- Note: multiple scheduled Active Transportation Plan pop-ups were canceled due to COVID-19
- March 5, 2020: Presentation at Traffic Safety Open House (organized by Alameda Sun)
- February 29, 2020: Pop-up at the Grand Opening of the Cross Alameda Trail
- February 13, 2020: Alameda Point Collaborative
Open House - Active Transportation Plan
- February 11, 2020: Active Transportation Plan Senior Open House, Mastick Senior Center
- January 22, 2020: Presentation to the Transportation Commission
- January 14, 2020: Pop-up at Dine & Connect dinner for homeless, Immanuel Lutheran Church
- November 17, 2019: Short presentation to Edison School PTA
- November 12, 2019: Presentation to Downtown Alameda Business Association Clean & Green Team
- November 7, 2019: Active Transportation Plan Community Open House with 150 people in attendance (All materials from event posted here.)
- November 6, 2019: Short presentation at the Chamber of Commerce Government Relations & Economic Development meeting
- November 2, 2019: Pop-up at citywide Unity Picnic
- October 24, 2019: Short presentation to Social Services Human Resources Board meeting
- October 24, 2019: Short presentation to AUSD Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Roundtables Council
- October 22, 2019: Presentation to Transportation 101 workshop at Mastick Senior Center
- October 15, 2019: Presentation to Encinal High School's Outdoor Club
- September 25, 2019: Presentation to the Transportation Commission
No results found. Please try searching again.