The Active Transportation Plan aims to provide safe, comfortable, and accessible ways for people of all ages and all abilities to walk and bicycle throughout Alameda. The Active Transportation Plan will update the existing Pedestrian Plan (2009) and Bicycle Master Plan (2010). Your voice is essential in this process!
New: the full draft Active Transportation Plan will be released for public review on October 3!
The public engagement period will run from October 3-23, 2022. Mark your calendars for upcoming Draft Active Transportation Plan events:
- Virtual Workshop, Wednesday, October 5, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
- In-Person Open House, Sunday, October 16, 1:30 - 3:30 pm
- Alameda Farmers' Market tabling, Tuesday, October 18, 9:00-11:00 am
- Transportation Commission Special Meeting, Thursday, October 20, 6:30 pm
Other Boards & Commissions
All meeting information will be available in the City’s agenda database.
- Oct 10: Planning Board
- Oct 12: Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Oct 13: Recreation & Parks Commission
- Oct 27: Social Services and Human Relations Board